Followup to New on the List

Tue Mar 31 07:55:14 EST 1998

>I honestly do "not" like the cover art. I find it to not be in following
with BOC's previous artwork or even character. I brought my CD into the
office so I could listen to it all day, and every single co-worker who came
in, looked at the CD, grimaced and always formed a negative opinion before
listening to anything on the album.

You're entitled to your opinions - we here at BOC-L are known for being
fair, honest, and at times even critical of our music (well, except me -
I seem to have a knack for liking stuff that others might dislike, or for
overpraising my heroes).  You are certainly not alone in your assessment
of the cover.  I've stated my thoughts - too many times - on it so I
won't again.  Question though - how old are you and your co-workers?  My
assumption is that the cover was mainly targeted toward a younger
audience (at least younger than most of us "old farts" listening to BOC),
and would be curious to know if that strategy works or backfires...

>If I am to be honest in a BOC group, I think I would point out that I
find HF to be an excellent work, but one that only confirms that I am
possibly more  a fan of Buck Dharma, than BOC

Many of us have our favorites.  I have come to especially appreciate what
Albert brought to the original line-up.  Bolle, the fanclub president,
thinks every BOC song would've been better if Eric sung it (well, almost),
and many recognize Buck's talents beyond the obvious guitar hero that he
is.  I think that in the past few years, Buck has really taken control
of the band musically.  Not that everyone is merely backing him, but as
for the "creative spark" in the band these days, I think Buck provides
most of it.

Keep the discussions going!

John