BOC: My Heaven Forbid Review

Dawa dawa at INTCON.NET
Tue Mar 31 13:25:13 EST 1998

Troy,

My thoughts and feelings about Heaven Forbid and the songs on it mirror yours.  You have put your review in words much better than I could have so I dont think there is really much point in reviewing it myself.  I think that was a very fair and even review.  Thanks!!!

At least you never stooped to bitching about little snippets of lyrics here and there which take away from the fact that taken on the whole, minor problems aside, Heaven Forbid is a *VERY* solid  rock album.

You know when I compare this record as a whole collection of songs to all the other SHIT!!! that is out there right now, it stands head and shoulders above anything I have heard for at least 5 or 6 years.  Maybe I have lowered my standards because of that fact, I don't know.  I'm just happy that BOC is back, with more albums to come, hopefully.

        Dawa

----------
From:   John A Swartz
Sent:   Tuesday, March 31, 1998 7:22 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: BOC: My Heaven Forbid Review

Troy:

A most excellent review!  I especially like the fact that you were able
to review this with no bias from hearing any of the songs before.  Most
of us have heard at least a few of these songs a few times live - and some
of us have probably heard a track like "Harvest Moon" live almost as many
times as something like "ETI" (o.k., I'm exaggerating a bit).

John