BOC: Heaven Forbid

RBrent1044 RBrent1044 at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 31 15:09:01 EST 1998

Just a few quick thoughts on HF after about 20 listens........it is much
better than I had expected.  The only track I had ever heard before (other
than "In Thee" of course) was "See You In Black" so the material was all new
to me.

In "Live For Me," I believe the lyric book says something to the effect of
brother don't do me no wrong, but Buck sings about brother don't do no one
wrong.  I may be mishearing, let me know what you think.  Also, does anyone
else hear a ton of "Burning For You" music in "Live For Me" ?  Certain breaks
in the song seem very reminiscent.

As a resident of South Florida (Fort Lauderdale to be exact) I have been
spoiled over the years by numerous BOC concerts.  Other than a last minute
substitution in Pompano for a "summerdaze" like concert about 6 months ago,
the boys haven't played hear since "Mr. Laffs" over 2 years ago.  I don't see
any South Florida dates on the bocfanclub site either.  I wonder why we have
been overlooked recently.

I guess you can tell that I'm itching to hear "Harvest Moon" "Live For Me" and
whatever else they plan to add to the setlist from HF.  Or maybe I am just
having BOC concert withdrawals after such a steady diet of appearances since
"Spectres" (which is when I discovered them).  Take care.

Robert

obCd:  HF (what else?)