off/other: Porcupine Tree/No Man info sought

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Tue Mar 31 15:29:52 EST 1998

Allan wrote:
> Does anyone have a Steve Wilson/No Man (is that right?)/PTree
> discography?  I'm trying track down some No Man (Nomad??), and came up
> with the following:

> Dry Cleaning Ray (on THSS label)
> How the West Was Won
> Whamon Express (both on SST)

I know that the No Man from SST is/was a two-man project featuring Roger
Miller (from the seminal 80's Boston band
Mission of Burma).  Burma had to break up around '83 when Roger developed
tinitis from too much noise!
I saw them in '82 and it was an amazing show, but crushingly loud, and
Roger was wearing these large ear protectors
like hunters wear.  Must have been a frustrating time.  I saw No Man a few
years ago and it was quite good,
but mellower, with a drum machine.

Sorry if this is more than you wanted to know.

Chris