OFF: Ted's Tape Questions

Ted talger at PIPELINE.COM
Fri May 1 00:15:19 EDT 1998

AB sez

>Never got into Saigon Kick or Frank Marino huh?  Quality stuff but a
>matter of taste.  Frank's an old school rock and roller and one of the
>best guitarist on the planet.  SK their music is rock and all but the
>kitchen sink thrown in.  Lots of lineup changes but the one constant was
>always Jason Bieler, a genius for song writing and guitar playing.

ok, don't shoot me... but when I heard SK a while back they just sounded
like another one of those generic rock bands.....y'know, Anchovy
Wanker, that type of stuff.....

>Atomic Opera - They did one album years ago as part of the extended
>King's X family.  Like the Galactic Cowboys and KX they were produced by

well, haven't heard any of it, but I do know that AO have in fact
released that other album....the KX newsgroup was talking about it
a while back...I guess Jerry did some drums on it

>Rare Queensryche and Y&T appeals greatly.  Yum yum.
>
>Accoustic Shot of Love, I think I have a demo of that on tape.
>Nothing on cd.  In fact I have about 6-8 KX shows, a copy of Ride the

I have "Building Blox" with the acoustic SOL on it....but I don't have
any bootlegs.... we'll have to talk about that... the best I could do
(if I could find any of my old tapes) was that I once taped a KBFH
from around the FHL era....

>NSP - No but I have the Metal Blade release of Moonflower Lane.  Great
>stuff but you expect that from Ty.  Now waiting for Doug's solo.

other than the real drums, I think some of the recordings on NSP are
better than ML.....

>Endangered Speices, alas I have not yet seen this for a price I am
>willing to pay.  I got Musically Incorrect as an import as is most of my
>Y&T collection (imports that is).  I've probably spent more on their
>cd's than any other band.  When I can get a local copy of ES I'll jump
>on it.

ES is good.... I only have about 4 on CD the rest of mine are the original
vinyl...including the 1st Yesterday and Today

>Rare BOC on vinyl?  Do you have a rough idea of the value ($)?

never really kept up on prices.....

Ted