BOC: Am I alone in thinking this? (was revamped set)

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Fri May 1 08:46:44 EDT 1998

>      Naw, I agreefor the most part.  BOC were more coherent and spookier
> before they escaped from Pearlman :)  _Imaginos_, as we know, would have
> been a marvelous return to form had it actually been a "BOC" album :)
>
>      BOC has always had a mix of awesome and duff tracks on its later
> albums, IMO.  Actually, there are a few tracks on the early albums which
> I'm not wild about, but what the heck.

At this point, I have to make a stand for CE.  From its cover art, to the
general ambience of the recording, this album is as coherent as anything
else the band have done. And it rocks from start to finish. Sure, The
Marshall Plan is maybe a bit out of place lyrically, but then you could
say the same for TRatB on T&M.

FoUO was good, but didn't quite measure up to CE. After that, the albums
became a bit of a curate's egg and for some reason the quality of the
cover art started to get a bit iffy, a trend which HF sadly seems to be
continuing.

Dave

David Hardman                           "Experiments that failed
HCI Design Centre                               too many times
School of Informatics                   Transformations that were
City University                                 too hard to find"
Northampton Square                          (Blue Oyster Cult)
London EC1V 0HB

Phone: +44 0171 477 8152
Fax:   +44 0171 477 8859
E-mail: D.K.Hardman at city.ac.uk