BOC: Am I alone in thinking this? (was revamped set)

Fri May 1 10:04:46 EDT 1998

On fre 1 maj 1998 13.46 +0100 "Hardman DK" <D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK> wrote:

> FoUO was good, but didn't quite measure up to CE. After that, the albums
> became a bit of a curate's egg and for some reason the quality of the
> cover art started to get a bit iffy, a trend which HF sadly seems to be
> continuing.

     Though it really shouldn't be too hard to make a good BOC album: a
bunch of heavy rockers which suggest that Cthulu is coming to eat you
(probably during the guitar solo), a few shimmering Buck pop numbers about
something vaguely disturbing, a huge sprawling progressively tinged epic
about something science-fictiony, and a slow brooding number which implies
that Cthulu already _has_ eaten you and you are just now coming to terms
with it.

     As long as the lyrics don't really make much sense, but have
overtones of something awful lurking just out of sight, mention "Suzy"
once or twice, and avoid end-rhyme whenever possible then all should be
well.

:)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson