HW: Links & Codex

Soniqué sonique at MAXWELL.PCMICRO.COM.AU
Fri May 1 07:46:53 EDT 1998

Greetings folks,

Well I finally got around to updating my Hawkwind page with all those links
people sent ... many thanks all for telling me about them

I also updated the codex to the March 98 version (thanks Mike)

Non-tech-heads can ignore the next bit :)

I've been thinking about the various comments regarding maintaining a central
database of Hawk links. This would not be hard to do either as a CGI script
(and a bit of JavaScript), as a Server-side include or just plain vanilla
HTML loaded in a frame. In any case I'd be happy to write and maintain
whatever method is chosen by the general populace.

The best thing to do would (as suggested) create a database containing the
URL, title, description and perhaps a 'last updated' field. A form on a
seperate page could be provided to send in updates or new pages. The database
would be relatively small, so I'd be happy to update it manually then run a
program to generate the HTML to place on the server (or if we go the CGI path
a script would exist on the server)

Comments??

Incidentally, I'll be travelling again next month so I won't be able to work
on this until July ....

<!--#include virtual="Soniqué"-->

:-)
--