BOC: Old albums' production

Dan Olivadoti Dano7 at WEBTV.NET
Fri May 1 11:00:52 EDT 1998

I have to chime in on the production and mixes of the old material. I'm
sorry but the time in which it was recorded is irrelevant. Yes, a lot of
older production "sounds" dated, but BOC's albums all the way through
"AOF" really just sound BAD! To a lot of people, I'm sure it's
unlistenable. I got really turned on to BOC with "Cult Classic", believe
it or not, because I could finally get into that material. Then I
started appreciating the older albums more. The older stuff, classic as
it is, is the weakest and shrillest sounding stuff that I've ever heard
(production-wise).

Dano

THE American Band Is Back! www.grandfunkrailroad.com