BOC: Old albums' production....

Luke Harrison HarrisonL1 at CARDIFF.AC.UK
Fri May 1 19:47:32 EDT 1998

To my mind there's no doubt that the prodution on all of BOC's early
output is poor to say the least (for whatever reason), but despite
this Secret Treaties in particular remains one of my favourite
rock/metal albums, which says a lot about the quality of the songs.
In fact, having heard the albums so many times the production has
become almost endearing -- just another strange BOC quirk!  For me
the same is true of Spirit (The Family that Plays Together etc...):
shitty sound but stunning music.
Two contenders for the worst produced album in this particular
telluric sphear:  Shakedown Street by the Dreadful Great and Make
Them Die Slowly by White Zombie (produced by Bill Laswell, the same
man who did the unthinkable and made Motorhead sound like they were
playing in a small public toilet on Orgasmatron).
Lots of Love, Luke.