BOC: Am I alone in thinking this? (was revamped set)

Sat May 2 11:00:24 EDT 1998

On lör 2 maj 1998 00.29 +0100 "Chris Warburton" <desdinova at EARTHLING.NET> wrote:
>>Carl Edlund Anderson
>>Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
>>St. John's College, University of Cambridge
>
> Shouldn't that be "Miskatonic University" *giggle*gibber*

     Been there, done that :)  Lovecraft drew on a number of New
England unis for the creation of Miskatonic, and my old Harvard
stomping grounds were among them.  Harvard's Widener Library
appears in a couple of Lovecraft stories, and the bulk of his
private notebooks ended up in Harvard's Houghton Library.  These
are _very_ weird shit :)   My favorite bits were the long lists
of story "kernels", brief thoughts which might spark a story.
All kinds of random capitalization and underlining.  For example:

AZATHOTH: a hideous _name_!

_Ghouls_ come from the sea in the form of _Seals_ and PREY upon
     the _Living_!

     ... and so on.  You get the idea :)

Cheers,
Carl