BOC: Am I alone in thinking this? (was revamped set)

000xKO mumford at ONLINE.NO
Sat May 2 19:09:05 EDT 1998

> Diverifying even further (sorry) - I guess a few of you out there
remember
> the band "H.P.Lovecraft" - does anybody know if any of their stuff is
> available these days?

Oh yes, saw in SF in 67/68 myself, rather good ;)

Seriously, most of their stuff is availible on CD - the Live, May 1968 and
both their albums on 1 disc...

> I can't really remember what they were like, but I know i enjoyed the few
> things I heard on the radio at the time - of course, it might just be the
> rosy glow of history that makes me think that they were good....

They make me think of a proto-Van Der Graaf Generator (the heavy organ and
sometimes wailing singer probably) but with a 60s west coast sorta feel...
quite "prog" for their time, esp. the spooky track "The White Ship". Goth
before goth.

Chr.

ObCouldBeHW1971: The last few minutes of Ptolomy Psycon's "No One To Blame"
ObOnTV: Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains The Same"

-------DIY sig:
"Gustav Dore: God knows what they spiked his drinks with."