BOC: Old albums' production

JMBpackers JMBpackers at AOL.COM
Sun May 3 11:33:25 EDT 1998

<< I have to chime in on the production and mixes of the old material. I'm
 sorry but the time in which it was recorded is irrelevant. Yes, a lot of
 older production "sounds" dated, but BOC's albums all the way through
 "AOF" really just sound BAD! To a lot of people, I'm sure it's
 unlistenable. I got really turned on to BOC with "Cult Classic", believe
 it or not, because I could finally get into that material. Then I
 started appreciating the older albums more. The older stuff, classic as
 it is, is the weakest and shrillest sounding stuff that I've ever heard
 (production-wise). >>

Here we go again.  You might consider the sound bad, while others consider it
eerie and bonechilling.  I still get goosebumps when listening to T&M, which
is the effect the band strove for, and indeed achieved.  I believe they should
be applauded for their efforts.  The sound of the albums and their lyrics,
compliment each other in frightening fashion......it's what originally
attracted me and many others to the band.

Jim