OFF: Y&T Question

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon May 4 09:31:12 EDT 1998

>I've been meaning to ask the Y&T fans out there a question...  Not too long
ago, I came across the Best of 81-85 CD in a cutout bin,.......... Is
there any kind of compilation that contains all the best stuff PLUS
this one?

Ted A> there were 2 other compilations.... problem is they're both kind
of hard to find.... 'course you could always just get the "Yesterday &
Today Live" disc.... that's got "Don't Stop Runnin" on it....it's from
Metal Blade, so it's probably a little easier to get your hands
on..........or you could try and get one of us huge Y&T fans to cut you
a tape or a disc!

Darn you read and type to fast for me Ted.  When I first saw this post I
was gonna shout out Y&T Live on Metal Blade.  My first association with
the band.  Great album, has cuts from everywhere up through what most
people belived to be the last album, Ten.  Original poster, don't know
how you feel about Live albums but this one is a killer.

{Sidebar - Yo John Swartz this reminds me of a thread.  Do you think
Dave M would do a decent cover of Savatage's The Storm?  Bud pointed
that out and I investigated, sure 'nough it could work.  You know both
bands whadda ya think?}

Anyway you should also pick up the Best of 81-85, its a pretty good
setlist as far as comps go.

Ted A>you'll be happy to hear that the word is ES will be released
stateside in May!  I like ES better than MI, but that's just my
preference... I really can't stand Phil's voice......Dave's much better

Final Y&T recommendation MI=Musically Incorrect ('95), ES Endangered
Species ('98).  These have been out in Europe for a while and are highly
recommended.  I haven't gotten ES yet but I believe Ted's assesment.
I'll judge for myself when I can get ES but for now MI is easily the
best Y&T ever.  Don't go expecting Lipstick and Leather on this one, its
way beyond that and has attitutde.

I hear what your saying about  Phil's voice which worries me a teeny bit
about the Sav tape thats 95% done (heheheheh), but Nowhere Land would
sound real good on the Brain Surgeons.

Ghost in the Ruins