No Godzilla in Godzilla!

Thu May 7 13:24:25 EDT 1998

>> From:          Christian000Mumford <mumford at ONLINE.NO>
> > Especially after their sterling work on _Bad Channels_...
>
> Haven't heard that - what I did mean is that BOC, like many bands of the
> era, were post-war baby boomers and dealt with alot of the WWII
> imagery/themes in one way or other, in context with the alienation from
> their parent's 1950s culture of bizarre WWII paranoia/denial. be it the
> whole mock-nazi imagery schtick of Heavy Metal, or the complete separation
> from old values of psychedelic culture and so on. Godzilla was/remains of
> course a significant symbol of nuclear horror and the primal element of
> mindless destruction in its purest form.

With a [un] healthy dose of cold war paranoia thrown into the mix...

> I'll say this tho, as far as even "concept" soundtracks go, the Judgement
> Night soundtrack was really cool way back when, but hey... it works only
> once, you Hollywood FUCKING MORONS. They will NEVER learn.

Right!  They always somehow think lightning will strike twice, but it
never does!  Tastes have already changed by the time the
sequel/spin-off/follow-up/copycat has been scripted...

theo
...'Cause it makes me mad,
and I get evil as a man can be."

                      --A.K.