OFF: Bevis Frond

Fri May 8 13:10:59 EDT 1998

> From:          Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>

> On Mon, 4 May 1998, Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 wrote:
>
> > Hey Bevis Frond was amazing!  Brian and Jason [sadly late of this
> > list] were also on hand.  Brian, you gonna post a review?
>
> Alas, when Bevis Frond played anywhere remotely close to me on this tour
> (Chapel Hill, NC; I'm in Blacksburg, VA), lucky ol' me had to pick
> someone up at the airport the very same evening. :-(
>
> Oh, and to top it off, I discovered that the day after I returned from a
> recent two-day training class in Dublin, OH, Govt. Mule were playing
> nearby Columbus, OH.  (Worst of all, the training class was also being
> held that day; if only I'd known!!!)

I can appreciate that.  I have to miss 2 Govt Mule gigs, incl. one
right here in Syra. 'cause I'll be on vacation out of town.

 Glad to hear you enjoyed Bevis Frond.  You may be pleased to know
that
> Flydaddy Records in the USA is re-releasing the Bevis Frond back
> catalogue, at its usual inexpensive price.  I suggest, at the very
> least, that you try and hunt out a copy of _New River Head_ and
> _Superseeder_.  The first couple of albums are a bit too "lo-fi" for
> some people, but I like them (especially _Inner Marshland_).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

Sounds great.  They were only selling the latest one at the gig.
It's a double, right?

theo
...'Cause it makes me mad,
and I get evil as a man can be."