HW: What now?

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon May 11 09:11:09 EDT 1998

Dave Berry writes:

> At 13:04 11/05/98 +0200, Scott Heller wrote:
> >        I was just thinking about Distant Horizons, the latest HW studio
> >lp, and someone told me that it only sold like 2-3000 copies worldwide...
> >Is there really only this small of a market for HW? What the hell can the
> >band do to increase their sales
>
> Wow, that's disappointing.  I don't know what more they can do.

Produce an album without wasted synth twiddling tracks, put a decent
cover on it and promote it? They *can* do good synth tracks, though
there are lots of bands who are better at that type of music. None of
the efforts on DH were good synth tracks. They're better at being
Hawkwind than they are at being Tangerine Dream.

FoFP