OFF: SNL/Godzilla soundtrack

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon May 11 14:11:02 EDT 1998

On Mon, 11 May 1998, William Fuller wrote:

> On Sun, 10 May 1998, Paul Mather wrote:
>
> > I caught the appearance of Puff Daddy and Jimmy Page tonight on SNL.
> > Seems the Puff Daddy contribution to the _Godzilla_ film soundtrack is a
> > re-working of Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir."  It sounded suitably intense on
>
> I don't know... I thought it sucked myself. Kind of pointless and Jimmy
> Page's contribution was negligible.

I agree that Jimmy Page's contribution was insignificant (except for
visual aesthetics:).  However, I do think all that brass and strings
going full bore, kompleat with guy ranting over the top was pretty
intense.  (Mind you, I guess many people might consider turning a HR
sacred cow like "Kashmir" into a rap song to be rather sacrilegious.:)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Mick Abrahams, _All Said And Done_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"Mulder, are you sure it wasn't a girly scream?"
        --- Scully