HW: SD98/...US Tour???

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon May 11 18:57:04 EDT 1998

antisol asks...

>In the week or so before the Strange Daze fest. in NY, didn't Hawkwind
>play in NY city and Chicago? Does anyone know if they will  be playing
>anywhere else than Ohio this time

Don't know, but I certainly hope so.  It would seem the right thing to do,
as the costs involved in an overseas flight etc. would be enough to
overwhelm any proceeds from a single performance.

>It would be nice if they had a gig in Boston, as I can think of a great
number >of people offhand who would go to see them. I could even assist them
in >organising a show in the area.  I can think of several clubs they'd have
no >trouble getting into, esp. the Emerald Isle where a friend of mine (his
dad >owns the place) frequently puts together shows with small crowds of
about >30-60. wishful thinking...

Well, you must not have been around in 1995, when they had a miserable time
getting a gig scheduled there, despite the large number of folks in the
Boston area who were pleading for them to come.  In the end, it never did
happen.  I think the place in question was Mama Kin, or maybe that little
underground 'hole in the wall' I heard about (what was the name?).
Whatever, all of the Bostonians had to drive down to Toads in New Haven to
catch them.

I'd say, 'Go for it' as far as trying to put a show together there, as it
would seem that Chris Bruce (or whoever was trying to put it together last
time) didn't meet with success.  Have you talked to Jim Lascko about it??

Keith H. (FAA)

ObHW-Rush connection:  I guess the Rush album 'A Farewell to Kings' was
recorded at Rockfield studios in Monmouth (now Gwent), Wales, a long-time HW
recording site.  Also, the 'Kings' in the title is apparently a reference to
'Kingsley,' the guy who runs that studio, and who was responsible for
sitting on the RCA album tapes for years and years, until Rob Godwin finally
badgered him into releasing them for CD reissue.