HW: What now?

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue May 12 03:23:42 EDT 1998

In article <l03110700b17c8b1847c0@[152.73.140.155]>, Scott Heller
<shll at HAGEDORN.DK> writes
> I was just thinking about Distant Horizons, the latest HW studio
>lp, and someone told me that it only sold like 2-3000 copies worldwide...

What's the source of this? I'm sure it's a little higher, maybe not a
great deal but a little. As long as you don't overproduce, you market
properly you could get by on not much more. They do have a *fair* bit of
back catalogue providing an income stream.

>Is there really only this small of a market for HW? What the hell can the
>band do to increase their sales and therefore be able to support more live
>shows?

A agent that knows how to promote?

e.g. Not blocking high profile collaborations like the ill-fated Orb
remix back when the Orb were #1 in the album charts.

Not losing all your best musicians to <coff, ahem> "musical
differences". Like Alan, for instance.

>Or, do we just have to accept that Dave is reaching the mid-50's and
>now wants to enjoy is life on the farm not really rock out anymore....

I don't think that's really the problem. Dave works as hard as anyone.

I don't actually think there was a problem until Alan was de-selected.

--
Jon