OFF: (-ish) Misc CDs

Tue May 12 06:24:00 EDT 1998

Just got a couple of tangentially on-topic CDs in the mail this morning:

_Human Garbage_ by the Deviants (which of course I had on LP, but nice to
have on CD, from Japan's wonderful Captain Trip label) - features Larry
Wallis and Wayne Kramer, "Police Car", "Ramblin' Rose", and a Zappa cover
("Trouble Coming Every Day", with Clint Eastwood on harmonica), all live at
Dingwall's in '84.

(No, not *that* Clint Eastwood.)

and...

_Red Star_ by the Panther Moderns, John Shirley's outfit.  Very competent,
but I felt rather po-faced, like he's taking it all too seriously.  Can't
see it getting too many repeat plays.

(How are those tapes coming along, by the way???)

- Andy