Off: Mountain (no BOC/HW)

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Tue May 12 04:52:48 EDT 1998

> > while talking Mountain, anyone knows why Gail Collins shot Felix
> > Pappalardi?
>
> Probably because he kept playing Nantucket bloody Sleighride.  Drive anyone
> to violence :))

Don't really know for sure, but I heard somewhere that the
relationship between David St. Hubbins and his girlfriend (She's not
my girlfriend!) or wife (She's not my wife!) in Spinal Tap was based
at least in part on Gail and Felix. In fact, I believe that in the
liner notes to Over the Top, Leslie talks about how much of an
influence Gail was on Felix...right down to telling him how to dress
(like a walking pawn shop, as Leslie put it, BTW).

--  Nick