OFF: Hubbard (was Re: HW: Time of the Hawklords)

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Thu May 14 00:52:55 EDT 1998

> Actually I rather enjoyed the early novel "Slaves of Sleep".
> I've read Battlefield Earth and thought it was awful.  I think
> that "Slaves of Sleep" showed up on a "top 100 fantasy novels
> of all time" that Moorcock had a hand in compiling.
>
> A good read, but I've never come across any other Hubbard
> that was worth the time.  I'm still planning to read his
> Doc Methusaleh stuff.
>
> Bryan

Here's a question for all the space rock fans...and I'm surprised
nobody's brought it up yet with all this L. Ron talk...
Does anybody own that Edgar Winter album based on the Hubbard book? I
think it was called 'Mission Earth'. I bought it when it came out cuz
it was Winter...but trashed it cuz I didn't like it. At this point, I
can barely even remember what it sounded like.

--  Nick