OFF:Scientology tentacles

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Thu May 14 07:31:46 EDT 1998

> The scientologists (allegedly using members highly placed in the
> country) managed to organise a Police raid after which they gained
> access to the files. The person who had provided the penet.fi server
> through much voluntary effort, found this the last straw (after sundry
> accusations and Court cases about porn and child porn - he didn't allow
> binaries to be posted) and closed down the server.

What I find freaky here is, now that you mention the bit about the porn,
it's the only reason I remember from the news report(s) at the time (1994?)
as why they went after the anon. server guy. I don't remember any mention
of the Scientologists... Guess that campaign worked huh??

Chr.

> FoFP

"Rope 'em and ride 'em!"
   - Robert Crumb

"Catch a falling star, put it in your pocket"
   - UFO