OFF: Re: Scientology

Marc Power mpower at FCMC.COM
Thu May 14 11:07:18 EDT 1998

>Marc Explains...
>
>>They do a thing called a pinch test, where they hook you up to the
>>e-meter and ask you to pinch yourself, then in your own time ask
>>you to recall the pinch, they will spot the moment you recall it with
>>exceptional accuracy.
>
>The point being??
>
>Keith H. (FAA)

The point being that in their world-system, the meter is used to
'spot' mental masses (don't ask me what they are! these guys are so
drenched in jargon that they have their own dictionary) which are
some kind of undesireable abberation, they will then lead you through
a process, which is a session where they ask you a question until the
meter reading shows the mental mass is gone, usually ending the session
with a thing called a 'floating needle' where the meter needle drifts
back and forth across the dial.

There are a ton of variations on this theme, which they
call 'auditing', including one where they give you simple orders and
instructions.. 'touch the object', 'pick the object up', 'put the object down' repeatedly for up to several hours - a real
mindbender of a
brainwash if ever there was. Another process has you gazing into
the auditors eyes and sitting perfectly still, (no blinking!) for
several hours. If you blink, the auditor will say 'Flunk!' and the whole
thing starts again.

In Space we Trust,

Marc.

--
SpaceRock Central - <http://www.uniflex.net/~borntogo>
Strange Daze 98 SpaceRock Festival - <http://www.now-online.com/jmfinity/st-20.htm>

"SpaceRock is music, which, by design, expands AWARENESS,
 thru SPACE, MIND and TIME" Axiom I, the SpaceRock Manifesto