OFF: Ken Russel ( was: OFF: Alice Cooper)

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Thu May 14 11:20:16 EDT 1998

> I thought 'Whore' was pretty interesting. Although I'm sorta iffy
> about the quality of the film, I thought it was a neat concept: The
> underside of 'Pretty Woman' -- what really happens out on the streets
> when the princes don't ride in atop their limos and fall in love with
> the prostitutes. And it came out not long after PW. It's pretty corny
> in some places, but well done in others. Main reason you should rush
> out right now and buy it...'Huggy Bear' Antonio Fargas has a decent
> part!
>
> --  Nick

I remeber reading about this when it came out - its sort of a mock
documentary isn't it? Sounds pretty intriguing, and with Huggy Bear
(Starsky & Hutch, best babysitters in the world) along for the ride it
sounds exquisitely sleazy enough to rent with a sixpack of beers :)

Chr.

"Rope 'em and ride 'em!"
   - Robert Crumb

"Catch a falling star, put it in your pocket"
   - UFO