OFF: L-Ron

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Thu May 14 11:38:34 EDT 1998

> >Right! Time for a comics quiz! In which (brilliant at the time) comic
did
> >the megalomaniac robot L-Ron appear??
>
> Justice League International, back when it was good,
> and being written by Keith Giffen and J.M. "insert hindu
> theme at least once during every comics run" DeMatteis...

I'll try to be more obscure next time...! That was a good run tho - and
Keith Giffen cloned himself into my brain for all eternity with his Ambush
Bug stuff. Absolutely brilliant!

> And he wasn't that megalomanic...  more melodramatic...
> (seeing as he probably picked up from Manga Khan's school of
> Melodrama...)

True. This mind used to pride itself on recalling every single panel, every
single word balloon, every single comic printed at the Post cereal box
factory with rapidly melting plastic plates and lead ridden ink onto toilet
paper, and every single character contained within those magical universes.
Alas, this mind got really fed up with that and now is only able to wax
feeble nostalgia about it.

> Hoping Hawkwind does a song about
> Mr. Nebula and the Scarlet Skier....

Better chances they'll do a song about Galactus and Silver Surfer (though I
doubt it :) Tho there is a pic of Brock in a Silver Surfer shirt in the
italian
Hawkwind book...

Chr.

"Rope 'em and ride 'em!"
   - Robert Crumb

"Catch a falling star, put it in your pocket"
   - UFO