OFF: anon.penet.fi

Hulsebos A arjanh at CS.VU.NL
Thu May 14 11:46:25 EDT 1998

Christian000Mumford har 'zegd:

> > Actually e-mail shouldn't be public but its not at all secure and anyone
> > with the right permissions at a mail gateway can read your mail if its
> > not encrypted. Like the Sysadmins at your ISP for instance.
> >
> > In Space we Trust,
> >
> > Marc.
>
> Why the net is a wonderful Big Brother control tool.

C'mon... Just regard un-encrypted e-mail as a postcard. Any postman can read
your postcards, can't he? But who's complaining?

It's true, however, that you still can figure out where encrypted mail gets
sent to. But that's also true for a letter. The anonymous remailer just
makes sure that the return address is only known at the remailer.

But, then, why would I want to read someone else's mail (yes,
I'm a sysadmin)?

Arjan H

--
Disclaimer? Whaddayamean, disclaimer? This is 1998!

            Arjan Hulsebos -- arjanh at cs.vu.nl

For more info (last updated April 9,1998): finger -l arjanh at top.cs.vu.nl