OFF: Pound Hound - Help Me Ted

Ted talger at PIPELINE.COM
Thu May 14 20:11:44 EDT 1998

Ghost sez:
>Say this ain't so puhlease?  This presents some really serious problems
>for me, far beyond CinC - House.  You put these three bands on the same
>ticket and...

well, no real confirmation yet, but the guy that said it supposedly works
for Metal Blade, and I have no reason to doubt him.  he just said it was
being talked about. don't have any idea where they would play if they
got this far east... FW played Daytona's up here (so did KX when it was
still AL Gator's). to me, the bigger question is...Who the hell is gonna
want to go on last?  I'm sure GC would probably open, but if you were
either of the other 2 bands.... would YOU want to have to go on last???

>Now as far as CinC-House you got that right.  One possible saving grace

SNIP

>If I could get this double header in CinC- House won't even realize I
>left for the night to froog with KX.  Hey maybe if they added Dream
>Theater to the mix somehow they could do an outdoor arena tour, would
>have to be quick though.

good luck man!

>Pull some strings for me Ted.

oh sure, like I've got any influence there!  if I could do anything about
that, I'd be here to go to the shows myself... as it is, I REALLY doubt
that this package will make it to the UK.... sigh....

>BTW living in the UK you're gonna have
>some great benefits too.  While there keep an eye out for some of these
>guys:  Threshold (I'll give you a sample with the Savatage package) Pink
>Cream 69 (dumb name but they can rock) Helloween (former lead singer for
>PC69, now fronts Helloween making them awesome.) and Pretty Maids.  Lots
>of great bands in Europe that you can't find over here.  Your CD
>collection is gonna grow.

dunno.... saw Helloween many years back when Kiske(?) was still singing
and wasn't really that impressed....of course they were better than
the last band that night - the horrible Grim Reaper (at least they had
a good intro tape.... some "Reaper" song :-)  ) , but they got blown
off the stage by the middle band that night - Armored Saint!  and I never
really cared much for Pretty Maids when I lived in Germany... always
thought they were a cheap imitation of Iron Maiden

I'll definitely keep it in mind... though I don't know how much of
a music scene Harrogate is likely to have, and I don't know how
often I'm likely to get into either York or Leeds...

good luck on the quest for the fabled Kitchen Pass ;-)

Ted