OFF: Larry and Mike

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu May 14 20:44:11 EDT 1998

>It's like this Michael Jordan shit - he tried to strong-arm the owner of the
Bulls into keeping coach Phil Jackson, and because they won't, he's
retiring!  Good fucking riddance to him I say!  The guy is a basketball
player (albeit arguably the best to ever play the game - although I am
biased toward ex-Celtic Larry Bird - hey, I'm from Boston), he is NOT
the owner, coach, or a businessman.  He should stick to what he knows
how to do, collect his millions, and shut the fuck up!

>Whew - did that come out of ME??  I'd better go get some coffee...  ;-)

Hey now.  Bird, Mchale, Parrish, Ainge, DJ et.al, won, what 3
championships?  One was Fitch the other two KC?  What if Celtics Mgmt.
told Bird/Mchale they were dumpng KC after he'd won his first
championship?  Don't think Larry would have held his tongue very long.
I can't imagine Jordan playing for anyone other than the Bulls.  He will
retire this way, his only real desire is to mark his team to nearly
equal consideration with the Celtics Dynasty.   He can't possibly win as
many championships as the Celtics did, no way.  He, Pippen, Jackson,
Rodman all want to go out when it ends.  Until you beat Mike, he's going
to stay.  Bird did the same, it was the intelligence of the Boston front
office thats the difference here.  They understand the great players,
championship guys.  Money mongers don't.

That coffee still hot?

Ghost