OFF: was MM, now SunDial

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu May 14 21:43:21 EDT 1998

Carl surprisingly can't help much...

>On tor 14 maj 1998 15.56 -0400 "Keith Henderson" <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
>wrote:
>> Hmmmm...I haven't heard anything about a new release, but I've seen a
>> pre-Sundial Gary Ramon CD recently (I can't remember the band's name).
>>Is this a recent reissue or has this one been around awhile?  And how does
>>it compare to RJ and OWO...Carl?
>
>     I don't know!  I had a US source for a pre-Sundial CD which contained
>a cover of Mike Nesmith's "Circle Sky", but although I asked Tania to
>order it she utterly forgot to do so.  No idea whether it's still
>available or not :(

OK, I did some searching, and have come up with some info.  The one I was
talking about (which I assume you were too, although I couldn't find a track
list to confirm the presence of 'Circle Sky') was 'All Aboard the Mind
Train' by the group 'Modern Art.'  It was recorded in 1989, shortly before
the formation of SunDial proper, but was not released on CD until 1994,
after Gary Ramon had the tapes cleaned up.

I found it on several of the major online stores, usu. listed as 'backorder'
and for some exhorbitant price, like $32-$40.  But then, I discovered that
both Cranium (in NZ) and Delerium (in the UK) both list it for reasonable
prices (US$18 and UKP12, respectively).  Those places should be the best
sources for it, and I think I may order one myself now, as it may disappear
soon.  Strangely, RPM doesn't list it. :(  (The copy I saw was at Mod Lang
in Berkeley, CA, and I ain't going back out there just for this CD!)

Keith H. (FAA)