No subject

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri May 15 10:15:51 EDT 1998

>You put these three bands on the same
>ticket and...

Ted>well, no real confirmation yet, but the guy that said it supposedly
works for Metal Blade, and I have no reason to doubt him.  he just said
it was being talked about.

Well hope they keep talking.  I expect that at a minimum GC and KX will
tour.

Ted>don't have any idea where they would play if they
got this far east... FW played Daytona's up here (so did KX when it was
still AL Gator's).

Definitely the club scene if its this late in the year.  Certainly not
Merriweather or Nissan, too big and likely booked.  Daytona, Jaxx et. al
is where its likely to happen.  Three label mates = high tix prices in
any event.

Ted>to me, the bigger question is...Who the hell is gonna want to go on
last?  I'm sure GC would probably open, but if you were either of the
other 2 bands.... would YOU want to have to go on last???

Naw this is cake.  GC to open followed by FW with KX on top.  FW and KX
may trade occassionally based on who's bigger in a certain area.

>Pull some strings for me Ted.

Ted>oh sure, like I've got any influence there!  if I could do anything
about that, I'd be here to go to the shows myself... as it is, I REALLY
doubt that this package will make it to the UK.... sigh....

Sure you do, you know everbody. 8>).  Talk to Ty and Doug get them out
here now for a bar-b-que.

>BTW living in the UK you're gonna have
>some great benefits too.

T-man>dunno.... saw Helloween many years back when Kiske(?) was still
singing and wasn't really that impressed....of course they were better
than
the last band that night - the horrible Grim Reaper (at least they had a
good intro tape.... some "Reaper" song :-)  ) , but they got blown off
the stage by the middle band that night - Armored Saint!

Got some Kiske Helloween (Keys I and II) sounds alternately like Rik
Emmett and Geoff Tate.  Not bad.  Andi Deris former Pink Cream 69 is on
vox now and this guy can sing.  Even if the music is similar Deris has a
much better voice.  New Helloween is supposedly quite good.

Ted> and I never really cared much for Pretty Maids when I lived in
Germany... always thought they were a cheap imitation of Iron Maiden

Just basic rockers really.  They are not bad, certainly sounds better
that America's Whine movement rock & roll.

T-man>I'll definitely keep it in mind... though I don't know how much of
a music scene Harrogate is likely to have, and I don't know how often
I'm likely to get into either York or Leeds...

As long as you have music stores its ok.  Know anything about HW?

ted>good luck on the quest for the fabled Kitchen Pass ;-)

I'll need it but may decide to run away from home. Yeah I feel for you
with the timing.  KX never really does Europe though FW and GC do.  Who
knows maybe this will be a world tour kinda thing.  Putting these three
together would definitely be attractive to European and Japanese crowds.

Gonna spin some OOTSP in tribute to you. How long is your tour anyway,
2-3 years?

Ghost

Ted