OFF: N2O

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Sat May 16 13:05:24 EDT 1998

> OK then... I did a kwik search and found the following:
>
> ----------
> Of course, if you've ever had a cavity filled, you probably
> know nitrous oxide by one of its more benign
> nicknames--laughing gas. However, the effects of nitrous oxide
> can be severe, as well as deadly. Inhaling nitrous oxide can
> lead to a loss of motor control, nausea and headaches, as well
> as slurred speech and unconsciousness. Chronic abuse can cause
> vitamin B12 deficiency, which in turn can result in anemia and
> nerve degeneration. And it can also cause death by asphyxiation
> when inhaled through a face mask or bag, since it starves the
> body of oxygen, resulting in Sudden Sniffing Death.
> ----------
>
> found at
> <family.disney.com/Features/family_1997_09/qnsp/qnsp97nitrous/>
>
> Damon

Well, I just did a kwik search in my brain upon reading your post:

1) I said CRAP drugs as opposed to "right and proper drugs" - i.e. drugs
that would cause less harm than alcohol if they were not controlled
substances (preventing OD, poisoning from impurities etc. etc.)

2) Disney

3) the out-and-out drug culture that spawned Hawkwind, for better or worse.

Chr.

"Where's the medicine!?"
   - H. Leroy Newton

"MEATBALL!"