OFF: N2O

antisol _8 antisol at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 16 15:34:50 EDT 1998

>Take a look at
><prc-wwwserv.idap.indiana.edu/pubs/factline/inhal.html>
>and see otherwise:
>
>----------
>It is also a class B misdemeanor to distribute nitrous oxide
>for the purpose of producing intoxication.
>
>Amyl nitrite and certain forms of nitrous oxide are "legend"
>drug under Indiana law. That means only licensed
>practitioners (such as physicians, dentists or pharmacists)
>may dispense them. Therefore, sale of a legend drug is
>illegal unless it is dispensed by a pharmacist upon a
>prescription or drug order.
>
>It is the crime of "maintaining a common nuisance" under
>Indiana law for any person knowingly to maintain or visit a
>place (such as a store, shop, warehouse, home or vehicle)
>used by that person or any other person for unlawful use or
>sale of any legend drug.
>----------
>
>This site only mentions the law in Indiana, but I can assure
>you that, at least in the USA, the law is common to most, if
>not all states.
>
>Anyway, not that law ever really stops anybody from this
>sort of thing, but I figure at least he should know what
>he's getting into (which is why he asked, and for that I
>can certainly grant some respect).

Since I don't plan on selling it in Indiana that's certainly not a
problem :)
N2O isn't only used for general anesthesia. It's also produced to make
instant whipped cream, as well as an oxidizer for flammable gas devices
(such as butane in soldering torches). Therefore, it's available at cafe
and restaurant supply shops, as well as Radio Shack (Radio Shack =
Tandy) under the trade name 'Micronox'. That would be funny if whipped
cream was illegal in Indiana.