OFF: N2O &Internal combustion

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Mon May 18 18:16:30 EDT 1998

At 15:33 16/05/98 PDT, you wrote:
>>When my wife was giving birth to our daughter, it was two puffs for
>her...
>>& one for me (:-{)> (no ill-effects noted).
>>
>>You can also hook it up to your car/'bike/moped for better overtaking
>*giggle*
>
>Have you done this??? Where do I hook what up???? i have an electric
>valve i could use to release it!!

I've never done it myself, but it used to be quite a common "streetracer"
stunt: I know that you should only use it for short periods, or you'll
total your mill.  I think it raises combustion temperatures quite
considerably - you just use it for the blast away from the traffic lights,
or overtakning (or, alternatively, when some guy THINKS he's going to
overtake you).  Serious nitrous installations (I think) use some kind of
water injection to keep things under control.  Sorry I can't be more
specific, but I am casting my mind back about 20 years to my 'biking days.

It should be possible to double your power for short bursts.

ChrisW

ObCD:DECKSANDRUMSANDROCKANDROLL/Propellerheads
"I can't believe my point of view is the only correct one." - Jerry Garcia