OFF: Famous Dudes (was BOC: BOC in NSA documents)

David Hardman D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Wed May 20 06:27:25 EDT 1998

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Horse Whisperer wrote:

> Hey I have met Arthur Brown (the man who had a Crazy World) so I'm
> better than all of you.  I even took musical therapy with him.

Hey, this is beginning to sound like Stella Street! For those who haven't
seen it, a wonderfully absurd TV prog, whereby 2 impressionists play a
range of characters all of whom live in the aforementioned suburb.  For
example, Mick 'n' Keef, having decided they're too old for rock 'n' roll,
now run the grocers shop on the corner; Joe Pesci lives there, as does
Jimmy Hill ("I find Joe a bit frightening actually"), Dirk Bogarde etc.

Fav moment: When Michael Caine gives his decrepit old landlady a good
kicking, because he's the only person in the street not invited to her
party. Then he discovers it was a surprise party for him....  :)

Whimsically,
Dave

David Hardman
HCI Design Centre