BOC: Dubious accolade

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Fri May 22 04:56:28 EDT 1998

I notice that in the June copy of Vox magazine, there's an article about
Scot Weiland and the Stone Temple Pilots. For some reason (I didn't read
the whole piece), there was a panel about other bands who are  "Hugely
Popular but Critically Despised".

Yup, BOC are in there :-)  Note so happy about their peers though. The other
bands listed were Spin Doctors, The Cars, Boston, and ... Bush :-P

Given the genre of metal, I'd have thought there's far more worthy candidates
deserving this mantle, but I guess its advertising and exposure of sorts...

Heaven Forbid gets a reasonable review in the latest Q edition too.

Tim

obCD: Apocalypse Now s/t  definitive edition