BOC: Dubious accolade

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Fri May 22 02:07:31 EDT 1998

> I notice that in the June copy of Vox magazine, there's an article about
> Scot Weiland and the Stone Temple Pilots. For some reason (I didn't read
> the whole piece), there was a panel about other bands who are  "Hugely
> Popular but Critically Despised".
>
> Yup, BOC are in there :-)

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. BOC haven't been hugely popular in
almost 20 years, and although not all of their stuff gets the most
glowing reviews, I've never gotten the impression that they were ever
critically despised.

In fact, a lot of the negative reviews I've read
(including one for Imaginos in 'Creem') weren't really negative at
all. The reviewers were generally lamenting the fact that a band that
has shown it can do so much more is performing well below par.

For the record, I thought the Creem dude who said that about Imaginos was
waaaaay off.

--  Nick