HW: Private Gig

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHU.AC.UK
Fri May 22 06:45:36 EDT 1998

Dave writes:

> I reckon there's about UK600 pledged to the idea so far,  (less any accidental
> deletions.)  That doesn't sound enough,  I put on Roy Harper in the late
> eighties and HW a little later,  Harper cost UK900 plus overheads and HW were
> up nearer UK2000.  Perhaps this idea should opened up to (for example) the
> 'zine mailing lists ?  Or would things start getting out of hand if that
> happenned?  It would be a shame to see such a good idea disappear through lack
> of money though.

I didn't realise we _had_ to express our interest. Gosh, no-one
told me there'd be an element of compulsion when I subscribed
to BOC-L. Some of us just sits 'n' lurks don't ya know. Well my
wife and I would be up for it, the question is how private should
a private gig be? Are we talking list subscribers plus close friends
- i.e. invitation only? That would surely boost the numbers a
little! Firm details would make support more likely but can only
happen once there are sufficient expressions of interest.

Before spreading the idea too far someone needs to talk to the
band: not the management at this stage IMO. No  point having the
idea squashed by the money men at the first step!

Chris Bates