BOC: May 23rd show

Mike Stanton mike at PHOENIXPHOTO.COM
Sat May 23 16:17:55 EDT 1998

Here is the set list for last nights show at the Georgia International Horse Park.

Set List for 5.22.98
At the Georgia International Horse Park

BURNING FOR YOU
CITIES ON FLAME
EXTRA TERRESTRIAL INTELLIGENCE
HARVEST MOON
BUCKS BOOGIE
THE VIGIL
LIVE FOR ME
FLAMING TELEPATHS
SEE YOU IN BLACK
LAST DAYS OF MAY
GODZILLA
DON¹T FEAR THE REAPER

encore
DOMINANCE AND SUBMISSION

  The show was only $5 to get in and there was no warm up act. The show had ZERO advertisement so only 100-150 people were there. The band did not seem to happy at seeing such a small trunout and told the crowd that they were going to make it a "Private BOC Party". During the first two songs the bad seemed to just be GOIN' THROUGH THE MOTIONS (pun intended). They really started to heat up during  E.T.I. and caught fire durning Bucks Boggie. They stayed on fire through The Last Days of May and went back to GOIN' THROUGH THE MOTIONS for the last two songs of the set. The encore rocked! The folks that stayed got up near the stage and the band and audience started to get into a groove. The whole night no one was allowed near the stage so when we did get there it just started to feel right, but they did not come out for another encore or play another song. So if I were to rate the show on a scale of 1-10 I would have to say it was a 6.5. The encore hurt the score as did the number of problems they had with keyboard going out, Eric's guitar dropping out from time to time along with his mic. But on the plus side it only cost $5 and it was a good way to fill a friday night. They did have some t-shirts on sale along with a baseball hat. Both were $20, not bad for each, but for $40 for both was too much. I would have liked to see a deal like, $30 or $35 for both and I would have gone for the t-shirt and the hat. I ended up with just the hat which is black and has the BOC symbol on the front with "Blue Oyster Cult" above it. On the back there is BOC in script and (25) under that. I guess for the 25 years they have been together. Another plus was the before and after show music. They played some Frank Zappa. I thought it was funny hearing "Bobby Brown", "Jewish Princess" and "Titties and Beer" cranked up in Conyers GA. This is the same town where this lady sees a vision of the Virgin Mary each 13th of the month. But I guess thats just my twisted sense of humor. I hope they come back to Atlanta and not let the low turnout kee
been more folks there. But when they do I hope this time it is in a hall or club. The last four times they have come near Atlanta they have been outdoors and always seem to have some problems with the equipment.

Mike Stanton