HW: Private gig

Pospiech, Bernhard Bernhard.Pospiech at DSM-GROUP.COM
Tue May 26 09:53:57 EDT 1998

Hello folks

Received a mail from Paul Ward who had a phonecall with DAVE BROCK

Thanks very much Paul for doing this!!!

Here are some parts of this mail:

>He is quite interested in the idea of the private gig, but thinks perhaps
it
>is too simple to work. He said it would be better if it was tied in with
>something else - a convention or something. He said that they would be
happy
>to play in a private room if something like that could be organised.

Hey! It doesn't look as bad as I really thought. Dave is interested  and
this is a big point for us.
And it shouldn't be a problem for us to organize a special event, let us
call it
"Science Fiction-Internet HAWKWIND listeners Convention"
or somthing else. Any suggestions out there????

>He thinks that organising a private gig is probably more difficult than
>people realise ..... he said that finding a venue will be difficult and
>expensive.

Really? What we need is only a small place for maybe 200 persons, not more

>Dave also said that Trev Hughes had been looking at organising some sort of

>thing like this, and that you should co-ordinate with him. He said that
Trev
>has found it harder to do than he thought it would be, but that if he had
>some help from some keen fans such as yourself then maybe it could work.

I am very sorry to say this, but Trevor Hughes is NOT the right person for
the organization. He is a very friendly chap and a great HAWKWIND fan, but
EXTREMELY unreliable!! There are some folks on the LIST who can do it better
and faster I think. I can imagine why he failed. I have sent to him
countless letters with lot of money. I am still waiting for the answer....

I think it is now up to you list-members what should be our next step

THE BIG PROBLEM IS TO COORDINATE THE WHOLE STORY (that means to get a cheap
venue for a date when the band are in the right mood and has the time)

Bernhard