HW: (Fwd) Hawkwind News

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue May 26 10:28:56 EDT 1998

Paul passes on the following...

>but basically Dave is for the idea but doesn't think it's
>workable as it stands.

Any particular reason??

>I'll leave the rest to Bernhard, except to say that 1000 "Hawkwind Passports"
>are now ready at "Mission Control", and they plan to do an "invite only" gig
>in Autumn for passport holders .... I guess it will be worth keeping an eye
>on their webpage from now ...

Well, this kinda looks similar to what we were planning anyway, only a bit
larger scope, and not quite as exclusive.

Figure this is in the UK, right?

>The main reason for this post is some *actual* news. The new Hawkwind
>studio album is finished (with the exception of some final mixing), so we
>can expect to see it in the not too distant (horizon?) future .... I asked
>Dave what to expect and he laughed and said "new songs", so I guess we
>will all have to be surprised at the same time :)

Hey, that sounds great!  But I hope 'new' songs doesn't mean newly-retitled
songs. :)

>The US Space Rock comp CD has been mixed and sent to Strange Trips ... I
>imagine that it will be releaseed before the "Strange Daze" festival on
>August 14th (see attached flyer)

Haven't heard about this...who will release it??  Is this studio tracks from
the various bands that played at SD97, or perhaps the live recordings from
then??  Perhaps a US T.A.T. of sorts?

>Dave has also almost completed his new solo album (one track to go), so I
>expect that will be out before too long as well.

Is this the 76-96 thingy, or a totally new one??

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  From what it sounds like, Dave is *not* really planning to slow down
to a crawl quite yet.  Unless Jerry Richards and Ron Tree wrote all that new
material!

P.P.S.  One other band that will be performing at SD'98 is 'Kid from
Cleveland' (from Cleveland, duh!), a band that apparently mixes in originals
with covers of Pink Floyd and the like.