HW: Private gig

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue May 26 13:47:23 EDT 1998

Pospiech, Bernhard writes:

> >Dave also said that Trev Hughes had been looking at organising some sort of
>
> >thing like this, and that you should co-ordinate with him. He said that
> Trev
> >has found it harder to do than he thought it would be, but that if he had
> >some help from some keen fans such as yourself then maybe it could work.
>
> I am very sorry to say this, but Trevor Hughes is NOT the right person for
> the organization. He is a very friendly chap and a great HAWKWIND fan, but
> EXTREMELY unreliable!!

Yep. I have to go along with this. I like Trev but he has his
limitations and an organised person he's not.

> There are some folks on the LIST who can do it better
> and faster I think. I can imagine why he failed. I have sent to him
> countless letters with lot of money. I am still waiting for the answer....

I think he still owes me a video of the 1985 Hawkcon.

> I think it is now up to you list-members what should be our next step
>
> THE BIG PROBLEM IS TO COORDINATE THE WHOLE STORY (that means to get a cheap
> venue for a date when the band are in the right mood and has the time)

If it's going to have to be a convention doesn't that mean a 2 dayer and
therefore organising accomodation? I do have friends who've organised SF
conventions in hotels and would be able to help. The question is would
we rather do a camping festival?

> Bernhard

FoFP