OFF: GODZILLA REVIEW

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Tue May 26 15:15:08 EDT 1998

> >First and foremost: GODZILLA SUCKS!
>

> Maybe it is a good thing they did not use BOC's song in their movie!  ;-)
>
> Mike

For me, it would have been one of only two or three bright spots.
Although I'm not sure if anybody else in the theater would have
appreciated it.

BTW, I hate to just sit here being totally negative and whatnot...but
if anybody else has seen this movie, please back me up. It REALLY IS
HORRIBLE.

On the one hand, it truly defames Godzilla in the eyes of the Zilla
fan. It takes everything we love about the ol' guy and jettisons it
for a total 90s big-budget Hollywood blockbuster feel.

But on the other hand, if this weren't a Godzilla movie, it would
still be piss-poor. And rest assured, if you renamed it 'Big Green
Lizard Attacks New York' and changed the creature's name, I'll bet
more people would compare it to Jurassic Park than to Godzilla.
Again, I sincerely believe there's actual merit to a Spielberg
lawsuit!

Anyway, I'll shut up about it unless I can add more to the dialogue
than just THIS MOVIE SUCKS THE BAG!

--  Nick