OFF: City Apocalypse checklist (was OFF: GODZILLA REVIEW)

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed May 27 12:13:16 EDT 1998

Andrew A. Apold writes:

> (key:  NY New York LA Los Angeles To Tokyo LV Las Vegas
>        Lo London  Pa Paris
>
> Disaster:               NY LA To LV Lo Pa  Honorable mentions
> Godzilla wrecks city     y  n  Y  n  n  n  SF in comic book
> Kurt Russell escapes     y  y  n  n  n  n  -
> Meteorite                y  n  n  n  n  y
> Nuclear Bomb             n  y  n  y  n  n  Houston in ID4
> World War II bombs       n  n  y  n  y  y
> Aliens destroy city      y  y  y  y  y  y
> Earthquake               n  y  y  n  n  n
> King Kong                y  n  y? n  n  n
> Space Vampires           n  n  y? n  y  n
>
> any others?

I like it.   I also remember a period when all the SF books I read
were determined to demolish Earth by one means or another.   My
favourite was a book by Zebrowski where everything was absorbed by
some highly energised new form of metal.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk