OFF: GODZILLA REVIEW

Jean Lansford lansford at VNET.NET
Wed May 27 14:09:14 EDT 1998

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Matthew Braun <mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM> wrote:

>Most folks I know complained about the US armed services being painted with
>a gigantic Stupid Brush--everything from "There wouldn't be a colonel
>running that operation", to "Heat-seeking missles?  Why not fly-by-wire or
>radar-guided or...  They just wanted an excuse to blow up buildings, I guess."

Not to mention that the chopper pilots were exhibiting two-dimensional
thinking.  And the general overconfidence the military displayed in
their toys.

>(I still laugh when I think of
>those baby 'zilla's slipping on the gumballs.)

One of the best parts of the movie.  (Tells you how highly I thought
of the movie.  We were MST3K'ing it early on.)

>While this had plot
>holes you could drive a truck through, I'll take them over the colossally
>stupid characters with which Spielberg populated both of his dino movies.

You mean Crichton, don't you?  I wasn't particularly impressed with
the original book versions of the characters.

Jean Lansford
lansford at vnet.net
http://users.vnet.net/lansford/