HW: (Fwd) Hawkwind News

Soniqué sonique at MAXWELL.PCMICRO.COM.AU
Wed May 27 22:53:05 EDT 1998

On 26 May 98, at 10:28, Keith Henderson wrote:

> Paul passes on the following...
>
> >but basically Dave is for the idea but doesn't think it's
> >workable as it stands.
>
> Any particular reason??

Not exactly sure ... I think he just feels it needs to be "bigger" to work
properly. I guess the band have lost money in the past and are keen to avoid
that in the future .....

> >I'll leave the rest to Bernhard, except to say that 1000 "Hawkwind
> >Passports" are now ready at "Mission Control", and they plan to do an
> >"invite only" gig in Autumn for passport holders .... I guess it will be
> >worth keeping an eye on their webpage from now ...
>
> Well, this kinda looks similar to what we were planning anyway, only a bit
> larger scope, and not quite as exclusive.
>
> Figure this is in the UK, right?

He didn't say where, but I imagine so

> >The main reason for this post is some *actual* news. The new Hawkwind
> >studio album is finished (with the exception of some final mixing), so we
> >can expect to see it in the not too distant (horizon?) future .... I
> >asked Dave what to expect and he laughed and said "new songs", so I guess
> >we will all have to be surprised at the same time :)
>
> Hey, that sounds great!  But I hope 'new' songs doesn't mean
> newly-retitled songs. :)

Tee hee .. I think we all agree with that!

> >The US Space Rock comp CD has been mixed and sent to Strange Trips ... I
> >imagine that it will be releaseed before the "Strange Daze" festival on
> >August 14th (see attached flyer)
>
> Haven't heard about this...who will release it??  Is this studio tracks
> from the various bands that played at SD97, or perhaps the live recordings
> from then??  Perhaps a US T.A.T. of sorts?

Dave first mentioned it to me in December last year, but hasn't said anything
really about it ... just refers to it is the "US Space Rock" CD. I've been
assuming it's from SD97 .... ask Jim!

> >Dave has also almost completed his new solo album (one track to go), so I
> >expect that will be out before too long as well.
>
> Is this the 76-96 thingy, or a totally new one??

>From the way he was talking, I'd say it's totally new. He said he still had
one somg to record yet .....

> P.S.  From what it sounds like, Dave is *not* really planning to slow down
> to a crawl quite yet.  Unless Jerry Richards and Ron Tree wrote all that
> new material!

He doesn't seem to have been sittinmg on his Laurels, that's for sure!

> P.P.S.  One other band that will be performing at SD'98 is 'Kid from
> Cleveland' (from Cleveland, duh!), a band that apparently mixes in
> originals with covers of Pink Floyd and the like.

Interesting ... so who's setting up the live feed over the net???

Soniqué (thinking wishfully)
--
Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'   .---.  __  .--------   Long
http://www.pcmicro.com.au/~Sonique       /     \( o`-,  -----   may