HW: Videos

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Thu May 28 11:20:17 EDT 1998

FoFP writes:

>That wasn't your camera that fell on the tripod just in front of me at
>the Brixton gig a few years back?
>
>P.S. Have we met? Or alternatively do you remember a short blond drunk
>scotsman at several Hawkwind gigs in the 90's?

Howdy!

I filmed at Brixton Acadamy in 1992 (centre balcony upstairs), 1993 between the
front of the lighting rig and the mixing desk - that was the gig where they
mimed to the remix of Spirit of the Age for their second encore - superb laser
lightshow though! - and yes, I think I do recall a pissed Scotsman collapsing
into me there - or was it at Borehamwood 1995! I bet you weren't as drunk as me
and my sister at Brixton Acadamy though in 1995. I was the tall blond Welshman
(I wasn't filming here, the band asked Jetisounds to come in with all their
fancy Betacam gear resulting in the Alien Video.) I may be biased here, but I
reckon that my Slough 93 vid, and Borehamwood 95 are miles better than the last
two official releases! There still hasn't been an official release of the
Business Trip on Video, so everyone do a bit of campaigning, and lets se if we
can't get it released - maybe as a limited edition amongst subscribers to BOC-L

Gigs that I've been to in the 90's are:

1990 Hammersmith Odeon (Both nights)
1991 The pavillion, Hemmel Hempstead (Photographed)
1992 Brighton
1992 Hemmel Hempstead (Videoed)
1992 Hammersmith Odeon (Photographed)
1992 Reading University (Videoed)
1992 Brixton Acadamy (Videoed - one of the cameras of the Taste video)
1992 Kilburn National Ballroom (Videoed)
1993 Truro County Hall (Videoed) I was on hols at the time in Cornwall!
1993 Agincourt Club Camberely (Videoed)
1993 Brixton Acadamy (Videoed)
1994 Brixton Fridge (Videoed)
1995 Borehamwood (Videoed)
1995 Brixtom Acadamy (Drunk)
Haven't seen them since.

Best regards

Guy Thomas

PS I know you won't tell, but what does FoFP stand for?