BOC: Pumpkins are fans?

Goran Janicijevic goran.janicijevic at INFORMA.MK
Thu May 28 11:30:33 EDT 1998

> This might not be news to everyone, but I was recently told that
> there is a Smashing Pumpkins import bootleg titled 'A Tribute to
> BOC'. I think they do one BOC cover on the disc, and I think it's
> Godzilla. Just thought some super-serious collectors out there might
> want to search it out and add it to the collection, along with their
> Blotto and Jim Carroll band records.

Quote from the BOC FAQ:

"There exists a "live import" CD recording of the band, The  Smashing
Pumpkins, titled *Tribute To BOC*.  The CD's recording was  made on
February 9th, 1991 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.  The recording
contains mostly songs written by the Smashing Pumpkins, but includes a
cover of BOC's "Godzilla". In addition a Smashing Pumpkins show in
Hoboken, New Jersey on February 8th, 1991 also contained a cover of
"Godzilla", and this performance is captured on two Smashing Pumpkins
"live import" recordings - *Man Of Light* and *Retrospective*."