HW: Private gig

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri May 29 06:13:12 EDT 1998

David Greenhalgh writes:

> M Holmes wrote:
>

> > The advantages of an SF con are that it spreads the load and you'd get
> > folks coming just for the con which would raise cash. Then sell a day
> > membership for fans of the band who don't want to stay the weekend at
> > the hotel. You can also sell concessions to SF book stalls and CD stalls
> > and maybe even Con t-shirts.
>
> It would need a weekend free from other cons,  are there any this late in the
> year?  I would think it must be getting hard to find empty weekends with all
> the mainstream fests etc this year.

Yeah, the more I think of it, the better it would be if we could hook up
with a mainstream con and offer to finance and run a Hawkwind/Spacerock
stream. I'll get in touch with my conrunner friends and see if they know
of a con which might be interested.

It'd have pretty much all the advantages since at least some of the SF
fans would pay to see the band and few disadvantages.

> Dave

FoFP